United Food Bank website redesign increases online revenue
United Food Bank (UFB) in Mesa, Arizona had a website that wasn’t working hard enough to drive engagement and donations. To meet their goals, they needed an effective, inexpensive, brand-aligned website that would maximize online giving while integrating seamlessly with their overall marketing strategy.
Russ Reid solution
Russ Reid worked with UFB to launch a brand new website in early December 2011. The new website effectively compelled users to engage in content that mattered most to them and aligned with the goals of the organization. The overall design was better and easier for new and existing donors to navigate. Major improvements included:
• Use of feature spaces
• Strong calls to action strategically placed for donors to easily find and click
Simply put, it’s now easier to access information about the Food Bank’s programs – and easier to make a donation.
• Website launched in December 2011 and in just that month, year-over-year online revenue increased 36%
• The following month (January 2012), year-over-year online revenue increased 56%
• By December 2012:
- Year-over-year site visits were 7X higher
- Online revenue doubled through integrated digital strategies
- Transactions increased 59%
- Average gift spiked to $141
To view a downloadable PDF of this case study, click here.